Political Thought Conference, Oxford, January 2013
The APT seeks an administrative assistant to help with all aspects of the organisation of the 2013 Political Thought Conference to be held at St Catherines College, Oxford, January 3-5 2013. The person appointed will work closely with and under the direction of the Conference Convenors Prof Gary Browning, Oxford Brookes University and Dr Elizabeth Frazer, University of Oxford. This is a very part time post with a few hours per week, including meetings in Oxford, in the run up to the conference, a more intensive period of work during mid-December 2012, and a commitment to work in Oxford over the 3 days of the conference itself.
From November to December 16 2012:
Regularly checking the conference registration facility and database at Eventbrite.co.uk, and managing the email account email@example.com:
- responding to enquiries
- maintaining a database of registered participants
- producing lists for St Catherine’s College and others as required
- communicating with conference participants regarding special needs
- assisting with communication with and organisation of events for sponsors and publishers
- assisting with the production of the conference schedule and other documents
- compiling individualised conference packs for participants including appropriate tickets for meals and accommodation
January 3-5 2013
- assisting with the organisation and set up of the St Catherine’s JCR and lecture theatre; assisting with publishers’ exhibitions as appropriate;
- presiding over a registration desk at the conference (in particular on Thursday afternoon, and Friday morning), distributing conference packs;
- selling tickets for extra meals, and liaising with St Catherine’s conference staff regarding numbers attending each meal in hall – keeping appropriate records of tickets sold and money received;
We anticipate that hours will approximate an average of 3-4 per week in the period November to December 2012; and 3 full days (25 hours) January 2-4, up to 50 hours in total.
Pay will be £10 per hour.
Applicants should send a CV, including details of past administrative experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org AND to email@example.com by October 26 2012.