The APT seeks an administrative assistant to help with all aspects of the organisation of the 2015 Political Thought Conference to be held at St Catherines College, Oxford, January 8-10 2015. The person appointed will work closely with and under the direction of the Conference Convenors Prof Gary Browning, Oxford Brookes University and Dr Elizabeth Frazer, University of Oxford. This is a very part time post with a few hours per week, including meetings in Oxford, in the run up to the conference, a more intensive period of work during mid-December 2014, and a commitment to work in Oxford over the 3 days of the conference itself.
From September to December 16 2014:
Assisting with the administration of the conference registration facility and database at Eventbrite.co.uk, and managing the email account email@example.com:
- responding to enquiries
- maintaining a database of registered participants
- producing lists for St Catherine’s College and others as required
- communicating with conference participants regarding special needs
- assisting with communication with, and organisation of events for, sponsors and publishers
- assisting with the production of the conference schedule and other documents
- compiling individualised conference packs for participants including appropriate tickets for meals and accommodation.
January 8-10 2015
- assisting with the organisation and set up of the St Catherine’s JCR and lecture theatre; assisting with publishers’ exhibitions as appropriate
- presiding over a registration desk at the conference (in particular on Thursday afternoon, and Friday morning), distributing conference packs
- selling tickets for extra meals, and liaising with St Catherine’s conference staff regarding numbers attending each meal in hall – keeping appropriate records of tickets sold and money received.
We anticipate that hours will approximate an average of 3 per week in the period September to December 2014; and 3 full days (25 hours) January 8-10, 50 hours in total.
Pay will be £10 per hour.
Applicants should send a CV, including details of past administrative experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org AND to email@example.com by September 23 2014.