DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 30TH!
Britain and Ireland Association for Political Thought Prizes
Nominations are invited for two prizes:
- The BIAPT Early Career Prize 2022
Open to political theorists within eight years of award of their PhD or equivalent on 1st January 2022.
- The BIAPT Mid Career Prize 2022
Open to political theorists who are more than eight years from award of their PhD or equivalent on 1st January 2022 but who are not full Professors.
- Each prize will be awarded to the nominated candidate who, in the judgment of the Executive Committee, has made the greatest overall contribution to research and teaching in political thought, understood broadly and in line with BIAPT’s mission at https://www.associationforpoliticalthought.ac.uk/about-us/
- Candidates must be academic political theorists or political philosophers employed at universities or HE institutions in Britain or Ireland; casual, fixed-term, and zero-hours employment included.
- Time limits for eligibility will be adjusted where necessary to make allowances for time out of academia (non-academic careers, caring leave, illness, etc.). Nominations should make clear if this adjustment is being sought and time away should be indicated on the CV.
Procedures for nominations
- Entry for each of the prizes will be via nomination. Entrants may not nominate themselves.
- The nominator must supply 1) a supporting statement of no more than one page, setting out the entrant’s contribution to political thought research and teaching, and 2) the entrant’s CV.
- The BIAPT Executive Committee will be responsible for choosing the prize winners.
- Current Executive Committee members are not eligible to make nominations, to be nominated for, or to win either prize.
- Each prize, which will consist of a certificate and a £50 book token, will be awarded at the Political Thought Conference to be held in Oxford or online (depending on COVID) in January 2023. Prize winners will also be announced on the Association’s website, Facebook page, and other social and mainstream media. Acceptance of either prize will be taken as consent to publicity of this sort.
- Nominations should be sent to Prof Clare Chambers, Secretary of BIAPT, at email@example.com with “BIAPT prizes” as the subject header.
- The deadline for nominations is Thursday June 30th 2022.