The Britain and Ireland Association for Political Thought invites nominations for two prizes:
- The APT Early Career Prize
Open to political theorists within ten years of award of their PhD or equivalent.
- The APT Mid Career Prize
Open to political theorists who are more than ten years from award of their PhD or equivalent but who are not full Professors.
- Each prize will be awarded to the nominated candidate who, in the judgment of the Executive Committee, has made the greatest overall contribution to research and teaching in political thought, understood broadly and in line with the APT’s mission at https://www.associationforpoliticalthought.ac.uk/about-us/
- Candidates must be academic political theorists employed at universities or HE institutions in Britain or Ireland; casual, fixed-term, and zero-hours employment included.
- Time limits for eligibility will be adjusted where necessary to make allowances for time out of academia (non-academic careers, caring leave, illness, etc.). Nominations should make clear if this adjustment is being sought and give a brief explanation.
Procedure for nominations
- Entry for each of the prizes will be via nomination. Entrants may not nominate themselves.
- The nominator must supply 1) a supporting statement of no more than one page, setting out the entrant’s contribution to political thought research and teaching, and 2) the entrant’s CV.
- The Executive Committee will be responsible for choosing the prize winners. Consequently, Executive Committee members will not be eligible to make nominations, or to be nominated, or to win any of the prizes while serving on the Committee.
- Each prize, which will consist of a certificate and a £50 book token, will be awarded at the Political Thought Conference to be held in Oxford in January 2021. Prize winners will also be announced on the Association’s website, Facebook page, and other social and mainstream media. Acceptance of either prize will be taken as consent to publicity of this sort.
- Nominations should be sent to Dr Clare Chambers, Secretary of the APT, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “APT prizes” as the subject header.
- The deadline for nominations is 30thApril 2020.